Scouting For Food
OUR ANNUAL DOOR-TO-DOOR FOOD DRIVE
Scouting for Food is a large community service project where Scouts collect items for local food shelves in the month of March
Scouting groups drop-off labeled flyers and plastic grocery bags throughout neighborhoods a few days before they plan to pick-up the food, often the last Saturday in March, then return to collect the food that Saturday and deliver to our local food shelves.
Some Scouting groups will stand out in front of grocery stores or other businesses collecting food after getting permission from the business owner
- Reach out to your area Food Shelf and ensure that they are informed and bought-in to your collection effort.
- Print address labels or pre-mark your flyers with unit contact information, or specific pick-up instructions.
- Work with area units and collaborate with coverage and the drop-off of collected material.
- Involve your chartered organization, or support food and supply collections that may already be supported through their organization
- Contact local new sources with a press release to encourage community involvement.
- Please do not put anything in mail boxes it is against the law.