Quiet ten acres of forest located on Lake Superior, north on Highway 13, 2.5 miles from US Highway 2. Camp Barksdale is a peaceful place to be at in any season and has much to offer, including fishing, hiking, games, swimming, boating, canoeing and Scout skills. The camp is used extensively to accommodate many quality Scouting activities throughout the year. Providing Scouting units, families and like-minded organizations the opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities endorsed by the BSA. Scouting units are encouraged to utilize Camp Barksdale and take advantage of this beautiful property.
The lodge offers:
- Accommodations for 12 people.
- Kitchen with a range, and refrigerator.
- Electric heat, electric fireplace insert to be added in the future.
The camp grounds offer:
- Multiple camp sites available.
- Dining shelter.
- Newer outhouse.
- City water available near camp entrance.
- Large open area for Scouting activities.
72220 State Highway 13, Washburn, WI
Updated April 1, 2023
Summer Rate: $55 per night, May 1 to September 30.
Winter Rate: $85 per night, October 1 to April 30.
If non-Scouting group, fee is double
Refunds that are made 30 days or later from the event will be a full refund minus any bank fees. Refunds made 7 days to 30 days prior to the event will be given a half refund. Refunds less than a week prior to the event will be up to the discretion of the council based on materials already purchased for the event. No refunds will be issued once the event starts.
- Check out time is noon.
- Rental fees required to pick up keys.
- Leave your area cleaner than you found it.
- All fees subject to periodic change.
- Equipment lost or damaged will be the responsibility of the campers.
- Campers must abide by Voyageurs Area Council rules and guidelines and provide their own accident insurance.