One of the best locations available, Camp Horace Johnson is the place to be for camping any time of the year. Located on seven acres of forest and fun on Island Lake, 25 miles North of Duluth, MN.
Camp Horace Johnson provides Scout units, families and like-minded organizations the opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities endorsed by the BSA. The camp is used extensively to accommodate many quality Scouting activities throughout the year. Scouting units are encouraged to utilize Camp Horace Johnson and take advantage of this beautiful property.
The lodge offers:
- Accommodations for up to 30 people.
- Kitchen with 2 electric ranges, 1 top-freezer refrigerator, 1 refrigerator, and plenty of counter space.
- Additional chest freezer in hallway.
- Large dinning hall with long tables and benches, wood burning fireplace, views overlooking the lake.
- Gas furnace.
- Main bunkroom, sleeps 20.
- Two separate leader bunk rooms. One sleeps 2 and the other sleeps 8.
The camp grounds offer:
- 8 Patrol sites.
- Large amphitheater with fire pit.
- Latrine with female and male sides.
- Fire pit area with picnic tables near lodge.
- Well water pump located near the gate.
- Swimming beach
- 3 log pavilions, 2 large and 1 small.
- Wood shed with plenty of stacked logs.
- Bay for canoe and kayak launching. Canoes can be rented at Voyageurs Area Council for a nominal fee.
Summer Rate: $60 per night, May 1 to September 30.
Winter Rate: $120 per night, October 1 to April 30.
Must pay the entire fee with reservation. Scout Service Center must be notified 30 days in advance of any cancellations. No refunds for no-shows. All reservations are subject to camp availability. Be sure to place your reservation early so alternate plans can be made if scheduling difficulties arise.
- Check out time is noon.
- Rental fees required to pick up keys.
- Leave your area cleaner than you found it!
- All fees subject to periodic change.
- Equipment lost or damaged will be the responsibility of the campers.
- Campers must abide by Voyageurs Area Council rules and guidelines and provide their own accident insurance.