Is on 26 acres of forest on beautiful Cass Lake in the middle of the Chippewa National Forest. Located 5.5 Miles east of Cass Lake and 4.2 miles north on the Scenic Highway SR10 . West on Cass Bluff Loop Road 1.2 miles. The camp is available year round for those who enjoy all season camping experiences.
The camp grounds offer:
- Site A, south site
- Accommodates over 25 people
- Site B, north site
- Accommodates over 50 people
- Year round camping.
- Lake frontage for canoeing, kayaking, fishing and water activities. Canoes can be rented at Voyageurs Area Council for a nominal fee.
- Pit toilets.
- Service project opportunities. Contact Scout Service Center for details.
In close proximity:
- 300+ acres of forest land that can be used for pioneering, orienteering, geocaching, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, and more.
- Star Island, 1.5 miles, available campsites and hiking trails.
- Biking trails that cover most of central MN just a few miles away.
- Part of the Mississippi chain and outpost forest service, campsites can be reached both upstream and downstream.
Water is not available on site. During the summer water is available at Knutson Dam campsite 1.4 Miles away.
2301 Cass Bluffs Loop Rd, Pennington, MN
Rental fees as of June 1, 2015. There is a two-night minimum for exclusive use on a weekend.
- Exclusive use of entire camp: $40 per night
- Exclusive use of site A or B: $20 per night
- Non-exclusive, per-person fees: $4 per night
Review the Camp Nushka calendar for available dates.
Must pay the entire fee with reservation. Scout Service Center must be notified 30 days in advance of any cancellations. No refunds for no-shows. All reservations are subject to camp availability. Be sure to place your reservation early so alternate plans can be made if scheduling difficulties arise.
- Check out time is noon.
- Rental fees required to pick up keys.
- Leave your area cleaner than you found it.
- All fees subject to periodic change.
- Equipment lost or damaged will be the responsibility of the campers.
- Campers must abide by Voyageurs Area Council rules and guidelines and provide their own accident insurance.