Site B: North Site
Site A: South Site
Camp Nushka is located on 26 acres of beautiful forest on Cass Lake, in the middle of Chippewa National Forest. Located just 5.5 miles east of Cass Lake and 4.2 miles north on Cass County Hwy 10. Watch the left hand side of the road for West Cass Bluff Loop Road and the sign for Camp Nushka. Head down West Cass Bluff Loop Road 1.2 miles. Camp Nushka is available year around for those who enjoy all season camping experiences.
The camp grounds offer:
- Site A, south site
- Accommodates over 25 people
- Site B, north site
- Accommodates over 50 people
- Year round camping.
- Lake frontage for canoeing, kayaking, fishing and water activities. Canoes can be rented at Voyageurs Area Council for a nominal fee.
- Pit toilets.
- Service project opportunities. Contact Scout Service Center for details.
In close proximity:
- 300+ acres of forest land that can be used for pioneering, orienteering, geocaching, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, and more.
- Star Island, 1.5 miles, available campsites and hiking trails.
- Biking trails that cover most of central MN just a few miles away.
- Part of the Mississippi chain and outpost forest service, campsites can be reached both upstream and downstream.
2301 Cass Bluffs Loop Rd, Pennington, MN
Rental fees as of April 1, 2023. There is a two-night minimum for exclusive use on a weekend.
- Exclusive use of entire camp: $50 per night
- Exclusive use of site A or B: $25 per night
Review the Camp Nushka calendar for available dates.
If non-Scouting group, fee is double
Refunds that are made 30 days or later from the event will be a full refund minus any bank fees. Refunds made 7 days to 30 days prior to the event will be given a half refund. Refunds less than a week prior to the event will be up to the discretion of the council. Must pay the entire fee with reservation. All reservations are subject to camp availability. Be sure to place your reservation early so alternate plans can be made if scheduling difficulties arise.
- Check out time is noon.
- Rental fees required to pick up keys.
- Leave your area cleaner than you found it.
- All fees subject to periodic change.
- Equipment lost or damaged will be the responsibility of the campers.
- Campers must abide by Voyageurs Area Council rules and guidelines and provide their own accident insurance.