Covid-19 Update

The Voyageurs Area Council, BSA has been actively monitoring all communications from government officials, health officials, and other community leaders.  We have been in active communication with other Scout Councils around the country and here in Minnesota.

Given our place in the community as a leading organization, and one with significant influence on families and other organizations, we know we must be socially responsible in our decisions and the process of program management.

With new information coming out daily and even hourly, we have decided to close all unit programs from “in-person” contact.  Scout Troops, Cub Scout Packs, Venturing Crews, Sea Scout Ships, and Exploring Posts are instructed to cancel all “in-person” meetings and events.  These activities should be conducted in the virtual world at least until the time that schools reopen.  We will update you when it is approved to begin meeting in person again.

Additionally, all Council and District activities and events are cancelled or postponed until further notice.  All Council and District meetings may be held in the virtual world and are encouraged to continue.  Roundtables and committee meetings can be conducted virtually without interruption.

With school closings, we recommend that units develop creative ways for all Scouts to continue to participate in Scouting on a regular, ongoing basis.  Workshops, seminars, projects, and advancement activities can be accomplished with support from unit leaders over the internet, email, and text.

Scouts should also be looking for service opportunities to help those that may be homebound because of the Covid-19 outbreak – always keeping in mind social distancing and personal safety.

We are hopeful that these measures will only last a short time and that our Summer activities will be able to go off without interruption.  Please watch our website, , or facebook page, and specific email communication for ongoing policy decisions that may affect each of you.

All my best,           

Michael Jenkins, Scout Executive

Covid-19 Update 3.16.20 Printable Version